Research continues into the psychology of professional ethical behaviour, and in particular the validity of the PQA model for the assessment and selection of medical and allied health professional students.
Our research team works across faculties within the University of Newcastle and collaborates with a number of other universities and medical schools in Australia, England, Scotland, Canada, Sweden, Japan, Nepal, Taiwan, Malaysia and Iran.
Potential collaborative research is planned in Hong Kong and China.
Our current studies focus on:
- Selection methods and models
- A personality trait model based on the correlates of Involvement, Resilience and Self-Control
- Assessment of non-cognitive qualities
- Psychological health in medicine, psychology and other health profession students
- The predictive validity of PQA and its component tests in terms of medical education outcomes and professional behaviour
- The psychology of moral and ethical behaviour (click here and here to read more).
We welcome any enquiry about potential collaborative research. Please visit the Team Members page for details of how to contact the Newcastle research team if you are interested in using the PQA tests in your research.